It all started in the North Bay area of San Francisco while working for Symantec 28 years ago. At that time, Symantec dominated the market with the first project management software for the PC that came out in 1984. The product was called Time Line and I worked for the product group as a trainer, consultant and product content expert. A few years later, the market had changed, and I was spending most of my time deploying Microsoft Project in federal agencies and Fortune 500 companies.
Over the years, we have been both a training company and a consulting provider. We have licensed materials to several of the largest project management training companies around the world. In most situations we provided the instructors and we were doing about 20 classes a month. When Microsoft launched Project Server in 2002, we turned toward consulting; working on deployment projects across the country and teaching one of the only Microsoft EPM public six day long boot camps in the US. We held these bootcamps monthly in Tampa, Florida.
Today, we are mostly focused on training, even doing deployments using a training model.
I split my time between the Tampa Bay Area, the Front Range in Colorado, and Guanacaste, Costa Rica; doing training and consulting on Microsoft Project and Project Server. When needed, I pull from a pool of colleagues I have worked with over the years to deliver a solution or service for a customer. Everyone on the PSSI team has spent most of their careers working in the project management field with project management software tools and systems.
What we have accomplished
We have designed and developed over 25 standardized project management related workshops (classes and seminars). See Customer Comments →
- We have delivered workshops all over the world, to thousands of participants. See Customers by Industry →
- We have contributed to several project management books, publications and product user manuals.
- We have worked with over a 100 customers on the configuration of their Microsoft Project Server environment and related deployment issues like adoption, compliance and value.
- We have trained and certified over 100 project management professionals that make their living in the project management field.
- We created and have maintained several products for Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server, beginning with the third version of MS Project.